Recruitment Agency Insurance
A recruitment agency is faced with a unique set of circumstances when purchasing insurance. Among other things, a recruitment agency needs to purchase:
- Professional Indemnity insurance.
- Management Liability insurance (which includes, among other things, cover for Directors’ & Officers’ Liability, Entity Liability and Employment Practices Liability).
- Public & Products Liability insurance - in respect of the recruitment agency’s own office risk, general business operations and the acts, errors or omissions of its employees.
Why do you need it?
You need Professional Indemnity insurance to cover you in respect of any civil liability Claims for damages or compensation that are made against you during the Period of Insurance, by any of your clients or any other third party, arising from any actual or alleged breach of professional duty owed in the conduct of your Professional Business.
With respect to any such claim, you need to be covered against:
- the payment of damages or compensation awarded against you.
- claimant’s costs and expenses that are awarded against or recoverable from you.
- defence costs incurred by you or on your behalf with the insurer’s prior written consent.
Even where the allegation that you have breached your professional duty is unfounded, your Professional Indemnity insurance would still cover you for defence costs that are incurred by you or on your behalf in defending the allegation that is made against you.
The allegation of a breach of professional duty can be made not just against you or your immediate employees but can often be made against your On-Hired Employees or On-Hired Contractors.
How can liability arise?
The sources of risk can include, but are not limited to:
- Failure to adequately check references and qualifications.
- Breach of confidentiality.
- Loss of documents (including computer records and electronic data material).
- Placing individuals in a position to which they are not suited, or have inadequate experience.
- Failure to ensure adequate workplace health and safety procedures are in place at the Host Employer's premises or work site.
- Inappropriate training and supervision of support staff.
- Inappropriate advice relating to staff recruitment, workplace policies and procedures.
- Failure to act in accordance with client instructions.
- Acting outside the professional's roles and responsibilities.
- Unethical behaviour.
- Vicarious liability arising out of the actual or alleged acts, errors or omissions of your immediate employees, On-Hired Employees or On-Hired Contractors.
Meet Anne Barnett
Hi I’m the senior manager for professional indemnity.
My Focus is Recruitment Industry and I would like to discuss an Insurance program with you.
So call my direct line: 03 9557 7400, or click below and I'll call you back.
What our Clients Say
Charles has been my Insurance Broker for some years. He is the best general insurance agent I have worked with. He goes out of...