Why do you need Public & Products Liability insurance?
You need Public & Products Liability insurance to cover you in the event that you should become legally liable for any Personal Injury and/or Property Damage, that is sustained by any third party, which arises from your business operations.
The term ‘Personal Injury’ can include, but is not limited to:
- bodily injury, death, disease, disability, shock, fright and mental anguish.
- false arrest, false imprisonment, wrongful detention, malicious prosecution or humiliation.
- wrongful entry or wrongful eviction.
- libel, slander or defamation of character or invasion of the right to privacy.
- assault and battery not committed by you or at your direction, unless committed for the
- purpose of preventing or eliminating danger to persons and/or property.
The term ‘Property Damage’ refers to:
- physical loss, destruction of or damage to tangible property, including the loss of use of such property at any time resulting therefrom; and
- loss of use of other tangible property which has not been physically lost, destroyed or damaged; provided that such loss of use is caused by or arises from physical loss, destruction of or damage to other tangible property.
What protection will a Public & Products Liability insurance policy provide?
Under a Public & Products Liability insurance policy the insurer agrees to cover you for any amounts which you become legally liable to pay as damages or compensation in respect of any Personal Injury and/or Property Damage, happening during the Period of Insurance within the Territorial Limits, that is caused by or arises out of an Occurrence in connection with your business operations.
The insurer agrees to cover you for:
- the payment of damages or compensation awarded against you.
- claimant’s costs and expenses that are awarded against or recoverable from you.
- defense costs incurred by you or on your behalf with the insurer’s prior written consent.